Monday, January 23, 2012

Let's get popping!


Mom's Ridiculously good stove-top popcorn!


Okay once my mom taught me how to make this, I soon started eating this as a snack every other day! I love a huge bowl of this easy treat! And believe me it tastes so much better than bagged popcorn! It is warm, chewy and delightful.




Mom's Popcorn Recipe:
1/3 Cup Popcorn Kernels

Butter
I usually use about 2 tablesoons
I love unsalted butter for this recipe

Vegetable Oil
Eye ball this, don't want Popcorn soup, I usually count" One, Two" whatever that measurement is... you can't really mess this up.

Grab a large deep pot, add vegetable oil, let the vegetable oil heat a little bit , add your popcorn kernels and shake the pot just a little. Put the lid on your pot, once your pot is hot add your kernels (using pot holders), shake the pot once you hear the first couple kernels pop, lift the pot above the flame/heat. You should hear a whole lotting popping and keep shaking lightly. Once you hear the popping stop or lessen to about 2 kernals popping turn off the heat and put it on a different burner than what you were using. Then get a small bowl and add your butter, melt butter and pour on top. I usually add a little salt and then begin devouring the entire bowl! What is great about this recipe is that you can make it exactly how you like it, don't like butter? You don't have to add it, you can switch oils (although it does change the flavor), and it is easy!

I hope you all try this and enjoy!

lovelovelove
M

No comments:

Post a Comment